Friday 26 September 2014

Daily Reflection - 26th September 2014

by Shirley


1st reading, ECCL 3:1-11: 
"There is an appointed time for everything, and a time for every thing under the heavens." This reading really puts life into perspective for me. Very often we wonder why there is sadness and tragedy in the world, why some people have it easy and others hard. We wonder at the disparity of life, we start comparing and we keep wondering why. 

This reading tells us that it is not our time and place to question and wonder why. God has His plan, He has everything under control. There is a time for joy, a time for sorrow, a time to be present, also a time to be alone, a time to speak, a time to remain silent, a time to love as well as a time to hate, a time of war and of peace. He alone knows when is the 'right' time for us, it is not ours to wonder and predict the time nor place. 

Our job is to just trust and believe in God, that He alone knows the best plan for us, be it full of struggles and pain, or a smooth sailing one - that will be the best plan that He has for us to bring us home to Him. Trust in Him and believe.

Psalm, PS 144:1B AND 2ABC, 3-4: 
Blessed be the Lord, my Rock! This Psalm really reinforces the 1st reading, the Lord is my Rock, my mercy and my fortress, my stronghold, my deliverer, my shield, in whom I trust. 

Gospel, LK 9:18-22: 
When I read this, it sounds to me like Jesus knows his fate, that he has to suffer, be rejected, killed and on the third day be raised as the Christ of God. He accepts his fate, and he trusts in God and believes that it is for the good of mankind, for the saviour of the world. Jesus trusts that this suffering on earth is but temporary, and he will be raised on the third day. We need to trust like Jesus. No matter how painful life is at the moment, we need to trust that this life here on earth is temporary and by living out God's will for us, by His grace we will have eternal life.


No comments:

Post a Comment