Wednesday 6 January 2016

New Year Reflection

by Elizabeth Etta
 
 
As the new year's celebrations came to an end, I made the conscious choice to embrace 2016, with a new enthusiasm and determination that was somewhat lacking in the later half of 2015.

While I looked back on 2015, I felt my walk with God wavered greatly. Despite that, I could still reflect on the many ways in which God sustained and blessed me of which I am immensely grateful.

 
I had a lot of challenges in 2015 but there were also positives to take from. One of the things I was grateful for  in the past year was the fact that I was extremely healthy. I also accomplished certain things that I did not think I could. I gained a lot of self confidence that I felt had eroded in previous years due to certain circumstances.
 
Its the start of the new year, and often times it is when we begin to make resolutions that would carry us through the entire year. I unfortunately never stick to mine and it often leaves me discouraged and disillusioned.
 
However I want to be able to look back on 2016 and feel the most accomplished I have ever been. The only way that it would be possible to feel that way, is in knowing that I am carrying out the will of the Father for my life. I need to gain clarity and perspective on the journey ahead. In order for that to be possible, I am starting afresh with God. I am not going to do the new years resolution that I have done in the past because I have had 100% failure throughout.
 
How I want this year to be different is that when I say, "I put my trust in God", I want to mean it in every possible way. I want every action and decision to reflect that. I want to do it all by his grace and mercy. I want to rely on God as my source of strength and not my own supposed ability. Every time I fail which I know would be a lot of times, I will choose not to dwell on the supposed failure, because I am more than my failures. I would choose to dwell on my strength instead of my weakness. My freedom rather than my guilt.
 
One of my favourite quotes that I will rely on for this year is Mt 6:33 which says Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be added onto you.
 
This to me sounds like a promise from God, to bless those who truly seek to bring his kingdom on earth. It is my great desire this year to make full use of the gifts that God has given me and see them come to fruition.
 
One of the many goals that I want to set for myself which I will hope to be kept accountable for are as follows:
  1. To put in more time for prayer and scripture study daily.
  2. To spend more time doing things beneficial to my health and well being such as exercising more often, better eating habits.
  3. To blog regularly, this means once a week to be able to share some of the insights God has given me.
  4. To volunteer at least once a month.
  5. To use my talents in the arts
I have no clue what 2016 holds for me, but I know that every goal is possible through Gods grace that is sufficient for me.
Until the next blog stay tuned~~
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment