Thursday 27 March 2014

Purpose Driven Life – Day 23: How We Grow

By Pat Pagulayan

I would oftentimes feel like I have not been growing in terms of faith. I feel as if I’m stuck and not moving away from my self-centredness. And it is during these times that I get quite grumpy and impatient with God. I ask “why am I not progressing”, “why can’t I just get rid of my selfishness”, “I want to give my heart to You completely, why can’t You just change my heart now”.

Oh dear, so impatient.

This reminded me of the reason why Jesus called fishermen to be His disciples: because fishermen know how to wait.

Ouch.

In the end, it all boils down to making a “choice”. Choosing to wait, choosing to change my old ways, choosing to think of others first before myself. In the midst of making those choices, is faith and hope that somehow the Holy Spirit is working in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment