Monday 15 February 2016

Lent Reflections Day 5 & 6

Day 5

First reading: Deuteronomy 26:4-10
Psalm 91
Second Reading: Romans 10:8-13

Gospel: Luke 4:1-13

In this reading what really speaks to me is Psalm 91. It is a psalm for protection. It speaks to me because I feel that this season I am relying on God more. I recognise my frailty and weaknesses. I was not feeling the best today. Frankly, there were times I felt abandoned and overwhelmed. Reading Psalm 91, reminds me to trust in God. He is my refuge and my safety. In the second reading, it says Anyone who calls on the name of the lord will be saved. 

Day 6

First reading: Deuteronomy 26:4-10
Psalm 19:8-10,15
Gospel: mt.25:31-36;

What does it mean to fear God?

I find that it means treating another fairly, treating one another with love. In this lent we have to learn to be more kind and giving of ourselves not just in terms of material wealth but also with our time and our knowledge to others.

To fear God, means to meditate on his words and to constantly ponder them in our hearts so that we may not stray.

To strive to be like him which is to be holy.

As always God promises blessings to those who keep his commandments  by loving him and our neighbour.

To those who believe in him, he promises eternal life.


Prayer Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight O lord my Redeemer


No comments:

Post a Comment