Wednesday 17 February 2016

Lenten Reflections Day 7 & 8

Day 8
First reading: Jonah 3: 1-10
Psalm 51
Gospel: Luke 11:29-32

In the psalms it says "Cast me not away from thy presence and take not thy Holy Spirit from me"
Each day I realize that I need the presence of the holy spirit, should he depart from me all i'm left with is a loneliness and emptiness that cannot be filled with anything.

I am constantly reminded of the mercy of God. How he witholds punishment so that we may all come to repentance. 

PRAYER

Lord heal my broken spirit. Repair and Renew me that I may be filled with a new zeal and love for you and your word. Help me with my daily struggles with sin and fill me with the knowledge of your presence with me both now and forever.

Day 7
First reading: Isaiah 55:10-11
Psalm 34
Gospel: Mt. 6:7-15

These are the words of the readings that speak to me.  It helps me to hold on to the promises of God with faith.

When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment