Wednesday 17 February 2016

Trusting God through the wilderness

The past month has probably been one of the most difficult journeys of my life.

Yet I am challenged to look at the positives of life. To believe that it does not end here, that God has a better plan for my life.

While I believe that, journeying through the wilderness is filled with it's pain and disappointments.

Relationships end, people disappoint you. Perhaps a part of you wonders if something is wrong with you. It leaves you in a fragile state of mind.

I find it harder to open up to people around me. What makes me think that they too won't let me down.

Even my own strength is failing me. I am losing the ability to believe in myself. There needs to be something greater than me looking out for me. I don't want to end up a failure. I know that I would continue to persevere through the storms of life. I will journey through the wilderness because I will carry my daily cross. The only way to do battle with the enemy within me and outside of me is to understand that it is a privilege to be in this time of trial. I choose to thank God for the opportunity to put me through testing. I know that my victory is at hand. If Christ could carry his cross then why can't I and so I will.

No matter how many times I fall, I would get up. So that in all things, in my weakness, the strength of christ is revealed.

This wilderness period of walking through the desert would soon come to an end. This as I continue to thirst for his presence to fill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment